Kohlrabi, 1 pc
Organic Kohlrabi from Holland.
Looking something like a Sputnik in vegetable form, with a squat bulb and antennae-like shoots, kohlrabi is part of the cabbage family.
The name translates from German as ‘turnip cabbage’ and the mild, sweet flavour is somewhere between a turnip and a water chestnut, with a crisp, crunchy texture.
- Snip off the leaf stems, trim off the base and top, then use a potato peeler to peel it as if it’s an apple. Then thinly slice, chunk or cut into wedges.
- Roast whole or in chunks, steam as a side or add to your stir fry in thin slices.
- The leaves can be cooked like cabbage.
- It is delicious raw in thin slices or grated in a salad or slaw with a dressing.
- Add it to shredded white cabbage and ferment it into a sauerkraut with fresh dill. Our sauerkraut recipe is here.