Carrots Washed, 700g
Fresh Organic Washed Carrots from Italy.
Not only are carrots a delicious and useful staple vegetable, but they are also a great source of beta carotene, fibre, vitamin K1, potassium and antioxidants. They are sweet, versatile and the organic ones we source and grow have the best flavour. Fantastic raw or cooked, there's no need to peel our organic ones, just give them a good scrub and they are ready to eat.
- Chop into coins and steam or lengthways into halves or quarters and roast them as a side to many meals.
- Finely dice them and gently sauté with olive oil, onions, garlic and celery for a rounded, stocky base to soups, stews, risottos, pasta sauces...
- You've all had carrot cake but have you ever tried a Raw Carrot Cake? Have a look at our recipe which is flour-free and uses a whopping 600g of carrots! You'll need walnuts, dates and desiccated coconut too.
- Try our Butterbean Barleyotto topped with roasted carrots and carrot top pesto if you get carrots with their green, leafy tops (these are only available early in the season before we start to store them). Eating the whole vegetables, root to shoot, is very important to us as it's a great way to avoid food waste, it's more economical and it's better for our bodies. The peels and trimmings we throw in the compost are often the part of the vegetable with the highest dietary fibre and nutrients.
- For a really special breakfast, make these Smoked Carrot strips which turn out a lot like smoked salmon.
- Read this 4 Ways With Carrots blog which features a carrot and chickpea tagine, carrot fritters, carrot cake porridge and a carrot and orange salad.