Beans French, 250g, IRISH
Organic and Fresh French Beans from Ireland.
French beans are slender and tender. Simply remove the tops that were attached to the plant, leave on the little tails, no need to remove those, then cook in any number of dishes. Green beans are so full of goodness - they are full of heart healthy fibre, protein, vitamins and minerals.
- Steam or briefly boil until tender and serve as a side dish. Dress simply with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt or toss with whatever delicious dressing will match your dish.
- Sauté in a frying pan with a little oil and seasoning for tender middles and lightly charred outsides. Green beans are extra delicious sautéed with garlic and tomatoes.
- Add chopped steamed/boiled green beans to your potato salad.
- Make a classic (retro?) 3 bean salad by mixing cooked chickpeas, kidney beans and chopped, cooked french beans in a large bowl. Add a zingy vinaigrette (olive oil, vinegar, mustard, maple/sugar, salt and pepper), some finely diced red onion, celery and green pepper and maybe some fresh parsley and allow the flavours in this classic salad to marinade and mingle.
- Green beans work well in asian dishes. Stir fry with sesame seeds, garlic and ginger, finish with a splash of soy sauce and serve with noodles or rice.