Cucumber IRISH, TWINPACK, 2 pcs
Freshly harvested cucumber from Ireland
Organic cucumbers, cooling and crunchy, great in salads, sandwiches and smoothies. Oh and try a slice or two with a grind of black pepper and a sprig of mint or rosemary in your gin and tonic. You're welcome!
- Our new favourite cucumber salad: use a rolling pin and lightly bash your cucumber then slice it into slanted chunks. This creates lots of jagged surface area for soaking up the dressing. Whisk a couple of tbsp of toasted sesame oil with a tbsp of shoyu/tamari, a little grated raw ginger and garlic and the juice of half a lime. Pour over the chopped, bashed cucumber and top with toasted sesame seeds, chopped scallion, kimchi/chilli flakes and devour! It's great with a simple bowl of rice, some seaweed and some tofu or stirred through cold cooked noodles and edamame beans.
- Add to sandwiches or crackers with cheese and black pepper. We sell organic dairy cheese and organic vegan cheese. Have a look at our selection here.
- Add to a green smoothie or a refreshing juice.
- Make a gorgeous but simple salad by simply stirring slices with lots of fresh dill and yoghurt.
- Make raita or tzatziki but grating and draining the cucumber then stirring through thick yoghurt. Season with salt, pepper and crushed garlic, olive oil and fresh herbs.