Courgettes, 2 pcs
Delicious and Fresh Organic Courgettes from Spain.
Brighten up your summer salads and stews with these gorgeous, green courgettes. Courgettes are very versatile, they are delicious raw, griddled, slow cooked, battered and deep fried, baked and more! They can even be spiralized or shaved into strips and used as a low-carb alternative to pasta or noodles.
- Ratatouille! Courgettes are an essential ingredient in ratatouille. Simmer or bake sliced courgettes with chopped tomatoes and sautéed aubergine, pepper and garlic. Season well with salt, pepper, olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar and finish with plenty of torn basil. Absolutely delicious with fresh bread.
- Celebrate courgette in all it's glory with this courgette risotto recipe.
- Top pizzas, tarts and quiches with griddled slices.
- Shave into strips with a potato peeler and stir through pasta sauce or simmer in some miso soup.
- Cut into chips, dunk into a simple batter (flour, seasoning and water) and deep fry. These are delicious dunked into lemony mayonnaise or a herby, tangy salsa verde.
- Cook low and slow with lots of olive oil, garlic and seasoning until mushy. Then mash and eat cold or warm as a dip with good bread or crudités.