'Little Green Fingers' - online workshops for families PART 1
GROW, LEARN, CREATE
Green Earth Organics is running a series of online workshops for children and families all about growing seeds and plants, and making art. PART 1 is four weeks on a Saturday: 17th April, 24th April, 1st May, 8th May.
You can join anytime and catch up with missed workshops by watching recordings of the sessions.
The course includes a resource pack of different seeds, which Kenneth will
demonstrate planting each week, and explain how to care for them. He will also
talk a little about an aspect of the environment; from sustainability, to soil,
to biodiversity and more.
Jenny will then take over with a fun filled art activity designed to help us think about nature more deeply and with greater appreciation. The workshops are fun and practical and encourage us to feel awe and wonder at the natural world around us.
Our course is designed for all the family to get involved in. Younger children will need support with the activities, and as the adult, if you are there already you may as well join in!
Benefits: it is a wonderful thing to grow a plant from a seed, to see those first tiny leaves and watch as it gets bigger and stronger. Children will love the practical aspect of our workshops – the physical act of planting, and of creating, and they will learn about our planet too. Adults will have a chance to reconnect with their sense of creativity, to get their hands dirty, and play with art.
Each week there will be a small amount of preparation needed for the workshop in order to get the most out of it. Gathering of materials for the art activity and getting your pot ready for planting. A list of resources needed for each workshop is listed in the e-booklet, and also emailed out to you each week. Please check your junk folder if you don't receive the email.
WHO ARE WE?
Kenneth and Jenny Keavey own Green Earth Organics, an organic farm based in the west of Ireland, growing a diverse array of vegetables whilst enhancing the environment and protecting biodiversity.
Kenneth has over 20 years experience of growing organically and working in sympathy with the land. He cares deeply about the environment and about helping others to live more lightly on our planet.
Jenny is a teacher and an artist who has taught art to children for over 20 years. She loves helping children and adults alike to tune into their creativity and to have fun with art and the freedom it brings. Her own work is rooted in nature and this spills over into her teaching of art. She is always striving to raise awareness of our connections with the natural world.
· The workshops will run for eight weeks, split into two four week blocks, starting Saturday 17th April 11.00am – 12.30pm
· It is 50eur per block and this includes the resource pack.
· You purchase the course through the Green Earth Organics website. The resource pack and accompanying e-booklet will be sent out by anpost after purchace
· There is some preparation needed for each workshop in order to get the most out of them. A list of what materials you will need, and what you need to prepare will be included in the e-booklet which will be sent out to you, and also in the reminder email each week.
· The workshops are run through zoom, and you will be sent an email with a link to join the meeting. One screen per family please, but any number of family members can join in!
- The workshops are recorded so you can rewatch or catch up if you missed the session. The link will be emailed.
Spaces are limited...'In every walk with Nature one receives far more than he seeks.' - John Muir