Beetroots Loose, 600g
Fresh & Juicy new season Organic Beetroot from Spain.
Earthy and sweet, these deep purple roots are full of flavour and incredible nutritional benefits. They are a great source of fibre, folate, manganese, potassium, iron and vitamin C and can lower blood pressure. Early in the season you may receive them with their leafy greens attached which can be prepared and eaten like spinach or chard.
- Boil, peel and grate into brownie batter to make our beetroot chocolate brownies.
- Simmer with lentils and red wine to make a rich ragu to serve with pasta or a bourguignon to serve with potatoes and greens.
- Roast in chunks with red onion and butternut squash and serve with dressed lentils, herbs and tofeta for a vibrant winter salad.
- Roast and blend into a stunning pink soup with a tin of coconut milk and our Thai green curry paste.
- Beetroot is brilliant raw too - grate or thinly slice into a crunchy salad with a zingy vinaigrette or salsa verde or add to your juicer with apple and fresh ginger.