CHARITY DONATION FOOD BOX
In Kerry, we donate surplus fruit and veg to Tralee Soup Kitchen and FoodShare - a not-for-profit organisation set up to help local charity groups combat food poverty. In Galway, we work with COPE, a charity who work to improve the quality of life of people affected by homelessness, women & children experiencing domestic violence, and older members of our community. In Dublin we have a new charity partner called Crosscare - they support individuals and families who need short term food support. Grocery parcels are distributed to suit families or single households. They have six community foodbanks across Dublin Jobstown, Brackenstown, Darndale, Blanchardstown, Dundrum, Dun Laoghaire.
How you can help:
- If you order this special 'Charity Donation' box - we will deliver that value equivalent of farm fresh produce to our charity partners on your behalf.
Benefits to you:
- You can continue to support our farm on the weeks that you are on holidays or are not able to order from us. (Thank you, we really appreciate it!)
- You will be helping these great charities who really value our fresh produce - especially important during COVID-19 as their normal fundraising efforts will be restricted due to social distancing measures.
- When we have a 'surplus' of food e.g. too much broccoli in our fields and it needs to be eaten and FAST .... we can donate this to charity on your behalf - minimising food waste and saving Planet Earth's precious resources.
- We can keep our staff employed during the Summer months as this is typically a quiet time for us. This will mean happier staff and happier staff ultimately results in...... happier customers!
- We're able to deliver our healthy nutritious fruit & veg to even more people - sharing food with those who need it the most and helping to strengthen our community.
NOTE: If you would like to donate more than €25 worth of produce, please change the quantity to 2, or 3 or 4 etc. Thank you! (Please don't order the standard boxes, only this special box can be donated to charity).
By taking part in this “Pay it Forward” initiative, it really helps us out, helps out the charities and you also get to be part of something bigger that is really worthwhile.
This small gesture can make a BIG difference in the lives of those who really need our help.
Thanks in advance, we really appreciate your support.
Kenneth & Jenny