Operations manager Mar-21
Operations manager Mar-21
This isa senior management role.
AsOperations Manager you will have overall responsibility for the day-to-dayrunning of the business, reporting to the company director.
It is avery varied and challenging opportunity – with everything from strategicbusiness development to supporting day-to-day activities, you will never getbored! Alongside the commercial responsibilities, you willneed to develop your team, nurturing talent and developing newcapabilities to enable the business to grow and ensuring that the businesssystems continuously improve.
Werequire somebody that can bring a level of experience to develop our in-houseprocesses and can contribute to the improvement and streamlining of all processesin relation to operations leading to improved overall business performance.
We need somebody that can contribute atstrategic level to the profitable growth and development of the business,through input at the weekly/monthly management meetings and by challenging thebusiness norms and constantly questioning and pushing boundaries to ensure weexcel and become number one in the online grocery retail space.
Culturalfit, ambition, and passion for this great opportunity is as important asexperience. We are looking for someone who can lead the team,providing leadership to encourage them to achieve the best they can to supportbusiness growth.
Ideally,you will have a background in food to enable you to successfully growthe business and understand the supply chain challenges that come withfresh produce!
You will closely monitor a key selection of KPI and be driven to achieve targets. Experience in understanding and developing budgets would be a definite asset.
You will be able to move from seeing the big picture to the operational perspective with ease, you may well be forecasting the next quarters sales figures and next youwill need to jump in to support the team.
You can easily switch between structured, process-oriented thinking and unstructured,problem resolution.
You will have commercial responsibilities for customer retention and business growth driven by providing exceptional overall customer experience linked to key operational KPIs.
This is a Full-time, Permanent position. This is not a 9-5 position as the nature of the business is varied, you will need to be available to resolve business related issues outside of normal office hours where the need arises.
Key skills required:
· Excellent communication.
· Excellent people management skills.
· Excellent delegation skills.
· Excellent organisation and time management skills.
· Have an awareness of the dynamics of online retailing of food.
· Lean and process improvement skills.
· Critical thinking and problem solving.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· HR and contracts company wide.
· Safety Company wide.
· Food policy and hygiene packing shed.
· Manage packing operation.
· Process improvement.
· Document roles/duties and developing roles and targets for staff.
· Manage Galway drivers. (Available to take calls from drivers and resolve issues on Saturdays).
· Admin liaison between Galway and Dublin.
· Team leadership and motivation.
· Develop lean processes and efficiencies.
· Effective planning.
· Change management.
Operationaland strategic details:
· Achieve and exceed predefined KPIs.
· Achieve target sales growth.
· Work to an operational budget.
· Drive sales through delivery of exceptional customer experience through improved operations.
· Build resilience in the team.
- 5+ years’ operations experience in food and/or drink or manufacturing with proven track record. Detail orientated and good numeracy skills.
- Confidence to work autonomously.
- Demonstrated management of large teams.
- Ability to create and implement systems and processes.
- E-commerce and or Lean experience a bonus.
- Competitive salary.
- Bonus depending on individual and company performance.
- Start – April/May 2021.
- Location – Galway
- Type – Full time permanent.