Sweet Vegetables Roasted with Cardamon
- 1lb carrots
- 1lb parsnips
- 1lb swede
- A little olive oil
- 4 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper
Prepare the Ingredients
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Peel all the vegetables. Quarter the carrots and parsnips lengthways. Cut the swede into chunks.
3. Preheat the oil in a roasting tin in the oven. Add the vegetables and toss to coat well. Roast for 20-30 minutes approx, turning several times.
4. Add the crushed cardamom pods and honey to the vegetables. Turn to coat evenly. Return to the oven and bake for a further 20-30 minutes until the vegetables are browned.
5. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper before serving.
From Patricia www.rentacook.ie