GALWAY JOBS: Summer Farm Seasonal Workers
Seasonal/summer farm workers
Green Earth Organics currently have a number of opportunities for seasonal farm workers to join our growing team and business. Seasonal farm workers will be expected to be a self-starter and motivated individual who can work on their own initiative and work efficiently. We are looking for people who can adapt to working on the farm from the outset and get stuck in.
These positions would suit leaving cert or transition year students. Available to start full time between June-July (the earlier the better) and able to work to Aug-Sep.
We are also looking for somebody who can work from June-Nov/Dec.
Please e-ail your cv and why you want to work with us to:
firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of Feb.
- Land and soil maintenance and preparation
- Sowing and Planting of crops
- Tending the crops, including weeding and crop protection
- Harvesting and post-harvest processing of crops
- Operating machinery and tractors.
- Ensuring you communicate in a timely professional and friendly way with all team members you have cause to interact with.
- Continuously thinking of better and more efficient ways of doing things.
- General farm duties.
- Informing your manager if there is a discrepancy or something you don’t think is right on the farm.
- On occasion grading bagging and packing bulk produce.
- Provide a quality and efficient/productive oriented service.
- Provide work to a very high standard.
- Dealing honestly in all matters relating to the Employer’s business.
- In addition to your normal duties you may be required to undertake other related duties from time to time.
- In general keeping the farm work running smoothly and doing any jobs that relate to the running of the farm and business.
- Ability to work in all weather
- Ability to effectively deal with hard manual labour.
- Good people person.
- Good communicator
This experience would be a clear advantage
- In working with vegetable crops.
- In working with machinery on a horticultural holding.
- Ability to fix machinery.
- Worked in the organic sector and/or the fruit and veg sector.
- You will have a strong constitution and be able to deal with sometimes repetitive and difficult tasks.
- Enjoy working outdoors (in all weather conditions)
- An interest in the sustainability and organics.
- Self-motivated-able to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills
- The successful candidate will be required to exercise flexibility and undertake additional responsibilities as requested by your Supervisor.
- 5 days (Mon-Sat, one day off mid week)
- Remuneration will be paid on a competitive hourly rate.
- Healthy discounts on our lovely fresh organic vegetables.
- Pro rata holidays.
- Flexibility and the ability to work longer hours in the summer-time
- We are open on most bank holidays so this will be a normal working day
- Available to start full time between June-July (the earlier the better) and able to work to Aug-Sep. These positions would suit leaving cert or transition year students. We are also looking for somebody who can work from June-Nov/Dec.