GALWAY JOBS: Senior Farm Worker
☆ FANCY JOINING OUR WONDERFUL TEAM? ☆
☆ This is a farm position ☆
Senior farm worker
Green Earth Organics currently have an exciting opportunity for a senior farm worker to join our growing team and business. Working closely with the farm supervisor. The senior farm worker will be expected to be a self-starter and motivated individual who can work on their own initiative and bring new ideas to the farm as it continues to grow. We are looking for somebody who can adapt to working on the farm from the outset and take ownership of the role immediately.
You will be observant and pro-active, continuously assessing the crops and fields to improve the smooth running of the farm and backing up the farm supervisor.
Please e-ail your cv and why you want to work with us to: to firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of Feb 21st
- Land and soil maintenance and preparation
- Sowing and Planting of crops
- Tending the crops, including weeding and crop protection
- Harvesting and post-harvest processing of crops
- Supervising other staff members.
- Operating machinery and tractors.
- Ensuring harvest is planned in advance to meet business needs and that there is adequate harvest brought in in timely fashion.
- Ensuring you communicate in a timely professional and friendly way with all team members you have cause to interact with.
- Keeping accurate records of sowing, planting, harvesting, fertiliser applications, and crop protection applications.
- Continuously thinking of better and more efficient ways of doing things.
- General farm duties.
- Informing your manager if there is a discrepancy or something you don’t think is right on the farm.
- On occasion grading bagging and packing bulk produce.
- Provide a quality and efficient/productive oriented service.
- Provide work to a very high standard.
- Dealing honestly in all matters relating to the Employer’s business.
- You are required to be an honest, reasonable person at all times and to maintain a pleasant working relationship with all staff and customers.
- In addition to your normal duties you may be required to undertake other related duties from time to time.
- In general keeping the farm work running smoothly and doing any jobs that relate to the running of the farm and business.
- Ability to work in all weather
- Ability to effectively deal with hard manual labour.
- Ability to operate a tractor.
- Good people person.
- Good communicator
- Manual labour
- Tractor operator (helpful)
This experience would be a clear advantage
- In working with vegetable crops.
- In working with machinery on a horticultural holding.
- Ability to fix machinery.
- Worked in the organic sector and/or the fruit and veg sector.
- You will have a strong constitution and be able to deal with sometimes repetitive and difficult tasks.
- Enjoy working outdoors (in all weather conditions)
- An interest in the sustainability and organics.
- Self-motivated-able to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills
- The successful candidate will be required to exercise flexibility and undertake additional responsibilities as requested by your Supervisor.
- 5 days
- Remuneration will be paid on a competitive hourly rate.
- Healthy discounts on our lovely fresh organic vegetables.
- 4 weeks paid holiday.
- No city traffic
- Flexibility and the ability to work longer hours in the summer-time
- We are open on most bank holidays so this will be a normal working day
- Available to start full time mid April- Early May (available to start flexible part-time (1-3 days/week) to for training and to familiarise with the farm systems going full time in mid April early May would he helpful)
- Full time 12 month contract with the possibility of a permanent position