JOB: Packing manager
Green Earth Organics currently have an exciting opportunity for a packing manager to join their growing team and business. Working closely with the business owner. The packing manager will be expected to be a self-starter and motivated individual who can work on their own initiative and bring new ideas to the business as it continues to grow. We are looking for somebody who can adapt to the business from the outset and take ownership of the role immediately.
You will be observant and pro-active, continuously assessing process to improve the smooth running of the packing operation and backing up local management to ensure they can focus on their business areas rather than operational packing related matters.
- All aspects of the packing operation
- Allocating resource based on daily operational requirements.
- Managing resource to budget.
- Rostering staff and signing off and planning for holiday cover.
- Monitor costs, mainly labour to ensure we are operating inside the agreed budget.
- Motivation and communication of key improvements to the packing team
- Present at the weekly operations meeting, update on labour and issues relating to packing
- Ensure all cleaning rotas are signed off.
- Design and implement packing policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Maintain packing shed by organizing operations and procedures
- Recording and improving packing procedures.
- Develop new systems to ensure packing efficiency.
- Manage the packing area to ensure it is tidy and compliant with food health and hygiene regulations
- Maintain packing efficiency by planning and implementing packing systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Maintaining packing supplies and ordering as necessary.
- Ensuring staff are compliant with all safety regulation.
- Team building and management
- Coaching and supporting packing team in addition to completing annual reviews.
- Maintaining a good flow of information between all departments, such as drivers, farm, quality, procurement and Dublin.
- Preparing weekly work plans where appropriate.
- Monitoring and allocating resource.
- Forward planning especially around bank holidays and holidays.
- Liaising with the office manager to ensure all paperwork is in order.
- Prepare weekly KPIs and present at weekly planning meetings.
- Observe and record changes and trends related to packing operation.
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to effectively deal with a multitude of different priorities at a time. Be able to prioritise.
- Good people person. (need to be able to develop good but firm relationships with staff)
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Good communicator
- Firm but Fair.
- Supervisory experience/People management.
- Worked in a busy environment that required multitasking.
- In setting rosters and rotas.
- In using all Microsoft office based IT systems.
This experience would be a clear advantage:
- Track record in improving efficiency.
- LEAN or systems improvement.
- Experience of HR systems.
- Worked in the organic sector and/or the fruit and veg sector.
- You will be able to adapt to a fast-moving and high energy culture, be friendly and approachable, but also highly professional. If you have developed excellent skills in team management, time-management and have an ability to juggle conflicting priorities this role is suitable for you.
- Lively enthusiastic person who can cope well under pressure.
- Self-motivated-able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills-written and oral, able to deal effectively with all groups of people.
- Strong communication skills.
- The successful candidate will be required to exercise flexibility and undertake additional responsibilities as requested by your Manager.
- 5 days, Mon-Fri
- Remuneration will be paid on a competitive salary basis.
- Healthy discounts on our lovely fresh organic vegetables.
- 4 weeks paid holiday.
- No city traffic.
- Flexibility and the ability to work longer hours to get the job done will be required.
- You may be required to travel to our Dublin office on occasion.
- We are open on most bank holidays so this will be a normal working day.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Email us your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com telling us why you would like to join our team.
• Please Quote ref “FTPM0619” in the subject heading.
• Deadline/closing date is 5th July 2019.