SUSTAINABILITY FESTIVAL 2018
Invitation to the Green Earth Organics
"Sustainability & Food Festival 2018"
Join us for a foodie festival to remember! This action packed eco-event is based around the principles of sustainability and in particular sustainable food production. With events to showcase the farm and local organic produce, and to increase people’s awareness around organic food and the implications of their food and lifestyle choices. Informative and fun, with lots of movement and music that the whole family will enjoy. PLUS free facepainting, outdoor children's Zumba class & treasure hunts for the kids!
- When: Sunday 26th August 2018 (10am - 6pm)
- Where: Green Earth Organics Farm in Galway. Click here for the full address and here for directions.
- Cost: FREE to attend but only if you have a ticket!
- TICKETS: Booking is essential! Register here to get your ticket now
- Innovative Vegan restaurant 'The Lighthouse' will have a foodtruck onsite and the menu is absolutely delicious and there's a kid's lunch option too!
- You'll also be able to get proper coffee & hot drinks all day.
- Plus, the Farm Shop will be open so remember to bring your reusable shopping bags! We'll also have mineral water available to buy (in glass bottles).
|10:00am||Parking & Shuttle bus transfers from offsite location|
|Registration, Tea/Coffee, Farm Shop Open & Traditional Irish Folk music by Glynn Hardiman|
|10.45am||Feeding the world – how can we do it sustainably? Irish Organic Association|
|11:00am||Our journal to Carbon Neutral - Kenneth Keavey, Green Earth Organics|
|11.15am||Unearthing the value of soil – Phil Wheal, The Organic Centre|
|11.45am||The nutritional benefits of organic food – Tara Canning Nutrition|
|12.15pm||Climate change – we need to wake up now! Kenneth Keavey, Green Earth Organics|
|12:45pm||What is "Sustainable Food"? – Sinéad Moran and Nathalie Markiefka, Foodture|
Break for Lunch / Meet the Exhibitors / Music by The Flying Heads band
For the kids: Face painting / Treasure Hunt / Seed planting stall
|2.30pm||How to eliminate plastic from your life – by Sean Cronin / Jack O'Sullivan at the Zero Waste Alliance|
|3pm||Turning trash into treasure – Craft workshop hosted by Slieve Aughty Centre|
|3.30pm||Guided Farm Educational Tour|
|4.15pm||The importance of bees – Michael Hughes, Irish Beekeepers Association|
|5pm||Why planting trees can change our world – by Donal Chambers|
|6pm||Final remarks – Kenneth Keavey, Green Earth Organics|
Exhibitors & Stall Holders attending:
- The Little Green Shop (Eco friendly, organic, vegan and plastic free products)
- Slieve Aughty Centre (Eco holidays, horseriding, boutique weddings & craft workshops)
- The Organic Centre (Educational training courses, buy your organic seeds)
- PV Energy (solar power)
- Soul Space (organic clothing)
- White & Green (organic bed linen)
- Blakes Always Organic (kefir and coffee)
- National Organic Products (Bunalun range)
- Synerchi Organic Kombucha (made in Donegal)
- VOICE Ireland (Recycling education)
- Community Power (Energy Co Op)
- and many more!