RECIPE: Healthy Cookies
Thank you so much to our customer Sharon Kelly who shared these yummy "kid approved" gluten free and refined sugar free cookies in our new healthy eating group!
> For more great recipes, join this community of like-minded foodies on Facebook! Click here to join!
RECIPE: Healthy Apple & Cinnamon Cookies
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and cut into fourths then shredded in the food processor (I used the ones from my fruit and veg box)
- 2 cups cashews blitzed in the food processor
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- Scrape out a small vanilla pod
- A pinch of Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Shred apples then remove from food processor.
- Change blade and toss in cashews, blitz well.
- Add butter, cinnamon, coconut, and vanilla and blitz some more.
- Now combine apples, honey, and salt in a large bowl with the contents of the food processor.
- Use an ice cream scoop or whatever spoon you have to shape the cookie.
- Bake for around 20 to 25 minutes. (Keep an eye on them not to overcook!)
- Once they are ready, cool them on a wire rack for at least 20 mins.
Recipe credit: I've shared a link to the original recipe here, but as you can see I deviate quite a bit from the recipe.
If you like the look of this recipe, just add the products you need to your online shopping basket and let us deliver these great organic ingredients to your door! Start your organic shop here