RECIPE: Healthy Cookies
Thank you so much to our customer Sharon Kelly who shared these yummy "kid approved" gluten free and refined sugar free cookies in our new healthy eating group!
> For more great recipes, join this community of like-minded foodies on Facebook! Click here to join!
RECIPE: Healthy Apple & Cinnamon Cookies
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and cut into fourths then shredded in the food processor (I used the ones from my fruit and veg box)
- 2 cups cashews blitzed in the food processor
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- Scrape out a small vanilla pod
- A pinch of Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Shred apples then remove from food processor.
- Change blade and toss in cashews, blitz well.
- Add butter, cinnamon, coconut, and vanilla and blitz some more.
- Now combine apples, honey, and salt in a large bowl with the contents of the food processor.
- Use an ice cream scoop or whatever spoon you have to shape the cookie.
- Bake for around 20 to 25 minutes. (Keep an eye on them not to overcook!)
- Once they are ready, cool them on a wire rack for at least 20 mins.
Recipe credit: I've shared a link to the original recipe here, but as you can see I deviate quite a bit from the recipe.