RECIPE: Blueberry topped healthy porridge
Thank you so much to our customer Katri Hickman who shared this delicious looking Summer porridge recipe in our new healthy eating group.
>> For more great recipes, join this community of like-minded foodies on Facebook! Click here to join!
RECIPE: Summer Porridge with seasonal fruit, nuts and seeds
- 350 ml water
- 150 ml almond milk (or any other plant milk)
- 200g porridge oats
- Salt to taste
- Sunflower Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Dried Bananas (or fresh bananas is ok too)
- Bring water to the boil in a saucepan.
- Add the porridge oats and let boil about 5-8 minutes under a lid, stirring occasionally.
- Add the almond milk and salt. Let simmer in a low heat for 10 minutes stirring a few times.
- Add more almond milk if needed or if you want thicker porridge, let simmer for a few more minutes.
- Top the porridge with walnuts, almonds, seeds, dried bananas and blueberries. Enjoy!